Monday, July 23, 2012

Update

I reread my first post and I noticed I said I would be posting how-to videos. I still plan on doing this but at the present time I am deployed to SE Asia. My internet is unreliable at the best of times, and at the worst of times it is clogged with idiots downloading crap they don't need. I am currently running a deauth attack against my network using mdk3 to clear up the bandwidth. (On a side note I consider it the epitome of poor etiquette to start a bunch of torrents on your PC then leave the area and go do something else while your downloads finish. You're clogging the internet for everyone around you and not being affected by your own actions).  I suppose I could of made a video on that. Unfortunately, the other problem with living in barracks is that is is incredibly noisy in here at all times and is just not an environment that is conducive to making an instructional video. For now I am content to publishing posts on how to trouble shoot various issues. You would think there would be more resources for the various issues that surround pen test programs and the BT5R2 distro itself. In my experience it is hard to find recent/relevant information. It can be difficult to dig down past the out dated forum posts from 2008 and script kiddies that think they're uber l33t for breaking their neighbors WEP key.

No comments:

Post a Comment